HOOD Exhaust CLEANING CHECKLISTSundance Restaurant Services Niagara is a high-pressure wash company specializing in kitchen vent-a-hood exhaust systems cleaning and high- pressure wash.
HOOD CLEANING CHECKLIST
- What type of fan do I have?
Was my hood, duct, and fan cleaned to bare metal?
- Up Blast – Does my fan have hinges? If not, is the electrical conduit long enough for the fan to be tilted?
- Utility – Does my fan have access panels to clean both sides of the blades?
- Do I have an adequate number of access panels?
- Access Panels should be installed every 12 feet and at every bend
- A general rule of thumb is, if you can’t see it, you can’t clean it.
- How often should I have my exhaust system cleaned?
- Monthly – Systems serving solid fuel cooking operations (wood or charcoal)
- Quarterly – Systems serving high-volume cooking operations, such as 24-hour cooking, charbroiling, or wok cooking
- Semi-Annually – Systems serving moderate-volume cooking operations
- Annually – Systems serving low-volume cooking operations such as churches, day camps, seasonal businesses or senior centers
- Do I have my access panels in place?
- Are the slats in the grease filters vertical?
- Grease filters are important because they allow the fan to draw air evenly along your cooking line.
- They should be cleaned on a regular basis.
- Are my belts in good condition?
- Belts should be changed semi-annually to ensure smooth operation.
- Are my bearings greased?
Bearings should be greased when belts are changed to avoid seizure.
- Does my hood have an up-to-date cleaning sticker?
Is the box for inaccessible areas checked off? If so, ask the technician why.
- Does my exhaust cleaning company have liability insurance and workers’ compensation in case of an accident?
- Is my exhaust cleaning company trained and certified to clean and maintain my kitchen exhaust system?
- Is your exhaust company available 24/7 for all your maintenance needs?
Your kitchen exhaust system is the backbone of your business. If maintained properly, it will give you many years of trouble-free use. If neglected, it can cost thousands of dollars in repairs.